Breakfast with the Phelan's!

I wanted to share this morning's breakfast with you because it really hit the spot.  I usually wake up craving something specific -- but not this morning.  Instead, I slept in, took a long warm shower and as I walked into the kitchen, I noticed Jim had started boiling a few eggs.  This rarely happens...

As Jim was cooking at the stove, I asked him to throw on some turkey bacon because I have been really trying to eat more protein lately.  I am not a huge meat eater, so I am doing everything I can to eat more of it.  Last night, we walked to the local grocery store and bought a few essentials, such as some plain Greek yogurt, granola and fruit.  Therefore, I decided to make a simple little parfait for us to pair with the eggs and bacon.  I only used bananas, granola and the yogurt and made a few layers...as well as a sprinkle of cinnamon on top to add a little fall flavor. ;) 

Here are the ingredients I used:

 
Finished product!  I think it's all about the presentation.  Why not get a little fancy in your own house?  Martini glass parfaits it is. :)


And my egg and turkey bacon.

 
We are planning on going for a run down by the marina today, so standby for an update!  Looks like a beautiful day out here in SoCal!
 
 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cals Feb Vacation journal

This is What Miscarriage Looks Like…

Cadens Feb Vacation journal