Peanut Butter Cookies!

Who doesn't love a homemade peanut butter cookie?

As you may recall, I am not typically a big baker, but as I was reading a few of my fav blogs this morning, I noticed that Jenna (the blogger of Eat Live Run) posted a yummy sounding PB cookie recipe. Coincidentally, she is also pregnant with [one] baby boy. I checked out the list of ingredients, the prep and the process...and figured I would go for it.

Here is where I do most of my blogging...on our 52" TV in the living room. Jim takes over the office, so this is what I get to use.

 
I started out with two baking sheets, parchment paper and all the ingredients. In case you can't see the list in the picture above, I listed out the ingredients below.
 
Ingredients:
  • 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
  • 3/4 cup peanut butter
  • 1 cup bread flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla

 
Jim wanted to help, so here's a shot of him rolling out the parchment paper on both of the baking sheets.

 
 He was VERY proud.

 
The directions were to preheat oven to 350 degrees, and blend together the butter, brown sugar and peanut butter until it was fluffy. I don't personally have a food processor as the photo suggested, so I used my hand mixer.  Once that is all fluffy, then add the one egg and vanilla and mix until just combined.


 

 
In a separate bowl, I whisked together the flour, sea salt and baking soda (not pictured). A trick my mom taught me is to add HALF of the dry ingredients to the wet and mix together. Then add the remainder of the dry ingredients until a dough forms. It's easier then just immediately tossing both together and trying to get the dough to form.
 
I used an ice cream scoop to make these little mounds and placed them about 3″ apart on the baking sheet.
 
 
I then used a wet fork to pat them down gently.


I baked them for about 15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. My first batch were massive, so I made sure to make smaller mounds for my next two batches. This recipe should yield about 2 dozen good sized cookies.

 
Finished product! Jim loved them!! I'm not going to lie, I searched the house for chocolate morsals because I thought that would be amazing...but I didn't have any.  

 
xo,
Shaz

**Flashback photo of Julie, me and Katie P at the North End in Boston! Cafe Pompeii, I think. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cals Feb Vacation journal

This is What Miscarriage Looks Like…

Cadens Feb Vacation journal