Flank Steak with Eggplant Couscous

I know I just blogged the other day but this Blue Apron meal the other night was ah-mazing; I felt that it needed a blog post designated for itself. 

I don't typically make steak very often at home, so this was a treat. It was called "Grains of Paradise Steak with Eggplant Couscous" or something along those lines. I had never heard of several of the ingredients, but basically, I encrusted the steaks with something that looked like black peppercorns ("grains of paradise") and salt and pepper. I tossed those in the saute pan with olive oil - just a few minutes on each side. Then the side consisted of a diced eggplant, mint, preserved lemon, toasted almonds, scallions, garlic and currants. It was a real unique, delicious dish. 




And we paired it with one of our favorite bench bends from William Hill in Napa, California. We purchased this bottle at William Hill when we went to the winery with our good friends John and Erin who live in LA.


Here are some pics of the grounds at William Hill while we were there last August for one of their dinner events.







And here is Jim getting ready to relive the evening! ;)





I'l leave you with a few randoms on how we've been spending most of our fall days...






Happy boys = Lucky mama :)


xo,
Shaz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is What Miscarriage Looks Like…

Cals Feb Vacation journal

Read Across America Week!