Summer Shrimp Salad

Happy Weekend!!!


Both Jim and myself take part in an online coaching program called "Healthy Roads - Culture of Health" through ExxonMobil. We have weekly coaching sessions about enjoying a healthy lifestyle. On their website, I found this awesome shrimp and corn salad recipe. I had all the ingredients in my fridge, and I tweaked it a little bit by adding flavors that I love (like the lime juice). It was DELICIOUS. Nothing is better than a seafood and citrus pairing. I also picked up a french baguette from the Panera down the street...it paired perfectly. :)

Shrimp Salad:

  • Large Shrimp (I used frozen shrimp. I thawed them in a bowl with cool water and apple cider vinegar - then took the tails off before adding to the salad)
  • Paprika
  • Cayenne Pepper  
  • Shredded Cheddar Cheese
  • Red Onion
  • Corn
  • Avocado
  • Cucumber
  • Salt
  • Ground Pepper
  • Mixed Greens 
  • Lime Juice


Divide the mixed greens into two bowls, then added a little shredded cheddar cheese. I then added cucumber, avocado, red onion, corn, lime juice and fresh ground pepper to both bowls. In a separate bowl, I marinated the shrimp in cayenne pepper, paprika and tons of lime juice. I topped each salad with ten shrimp and added a little more fresh ground pepper for a garnish.

I then tossed all the ingredients for the dressing into the magic bullet and poured over the salads. The dressing was light yet flavorful. It went really well with the shrimp. Thanks to the Macombers for the apple cider vinegar and shrimp suggestion! ;)




Then we chatted with Grampa Callahan before going to bed! What a fun Friday night. :)


Have a great weekend everyone! 

xo,
Shaz Caden and Conor

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cals Feb Vacation journal

This is What Miscarriage Looks Like…

Cadens Feb Vacation journal