"Thanks"-giving before Thanksgiving...

I wanted to take a minute (and dedicate a blogpost) to our nanny, Jackie. During this Thanksgiving week, I feel it's appropriate to send her a HUGE well-deserved thank you.

She has been truly amazing with Conor and Caden. They absolutely love her. Since I am unable to be with them on Wednesdays and Fridays, there are very few people I would want them to be with - and Jackie is certainly high on that list. As many of you know, I love my job and when we found out we were expecting twins, I figured going back to work was not going to be an option. And if it weren't for her, I don't know how I would've done it.

Not only do the boys love Jackie -- I can totally tell when she walks into the house in the morning and their little faces light up -- but she is SO great with them. Managing multiples isn't easy and she accepts the challenge happily. Jackie, ironically being a twin herself, is very familiar with babies and has a great multi-tasking ability. I am super impressed and very fortunate.

I am especially grateful for her sending pics throughout my workday. What Mom doesn't love seeing this???


 
It is also reassuring because Jackie and I have a few friends in common. My friend Suz used to play basketball with her -- and Jackie's sister Lauren is very good friends with Suz (Hi Lauren!!). That said, having that commonality really took the edge off the first few days I went back to work. I didn't have that 'stranger danger' feeling.

In addition, I must say that it is really nice to bounce ideas off each other like "Oh, when I put them down for naps, I do this :::great idea here:::" or discussions about how and what we feed them during the day. In short, I am very thankful for her and that is why I chose to write about her during this "thanks"giving week. ;)

And of course, I am ALWAYS thankful for these little nuggets. I just love them so much.




xo,
Shaz, Conor James and Caden Francis


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cals Feb Vacation journal

This is What Miscarriage Looks Like…

Cadens Feb Vacation journal