Chocolate Chip Cookies!

I'll set the scene for you - it's a Sunday morning, the boys are [quietly] playing together and it's snowing outside. What better Sunday activity is there then bake chocolate chip cookies? It will warm up the house and nothing beats the smell of cookies baking in the oven. Right?


I used this Betty Crocker recipe - still trying to recreate those soft chocolate chip cookies I made in December. They were the best cookies I've ever made. I also tried researching what makes a soft chocolate chip cookie - is it the baking soda? baking powder? brown sugar? butter? baking time? heat? I have no idea. So til then...it's trial and error.

Ingredients
  • 3/4cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4cup packed brown sugar
  • 1cup butter or margarine, softened
  • 1teaspoon vanilla
  • 1egg
  • 2 1/4cups all-purpose flour
  • 1teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips  
I mixed them all with my hand-mixer, then slowly added the flour and baking soda. I formed some large "mounds" on the baking sheet rather than small teaspoons. I read that can help create a softer cookie. They are going to bake for about 10 minutes. Smells good already!




Conor can't wait til they come out of the oven! And he's loving the snow.


And Caden is loving his new toy!


YUMMMMMMMMM!


We are off to go visit some friends in a few hours. I'm bringing the cookies with us. The boys will hopefully take a decent nap soon, and then we are off to Maryland for the afternoon. Sunday Funday!

Til next time...
Shaz

Comments

  1. It is a proficient article that you have shared here about chocolate. I got some unique and valuable information from your article. Thankful to you for sharing this article here.
    chocolate basket Philippines

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Good, This is excellent information which is shared by you. This information is very meaningful and magnificent for us to increase our knowledge about it. Always keep sharing this kind of information. Thank you. stuffed dates gift box uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very thankful to you that you have shared this information with us. I got some different kind of knowledge from your web page, and it is really helpful for everyone. Thanks for share it. Read more info about chocolate covered dates gift box

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

This is What Miscarriage Looks Like…

Cals Feb Vacation journal

Read Across America Week!