We also took Caden and Conor to Lexington Center yesterday morning for some coffee, pumpkin bread, and foliage by the Lexington Battle Green. Here we all are playing in the leaves yesterday!
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/3 cup applesauce
1 15 ounce can pure pumpkin puree
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and place paper liners into the cups of your muffin pan.
- Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl, whisk together and set aside.
- In a second bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, coconut oil (warmed/liquid), chia seeds, chocolate chips, applesauce, banana, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until everything is incorporated into the batter.
- Use a large scoop (like an ice cream scoop) to evenly distribute the batter into each well. Fill them almost to the rim -- clearly I did not. I made small ones for C and C. If you fill them to the top, it will help give your muffins a nice puffy dome.
- Bake your muffins for 20 minutes.
If your coconut oil is solid, warm it up a bit so that it is in liquid form.
The boys LOVED the muffins. They are perfect at around 9AM they want a second breakfast, so these super healthy filling muffins are perfect! The pumpkin, chia seeds, banana, applesauce, and coconut oil are all great for kids' diets. YUM!
Til next time...
Shaz, C & C