Christmas Recap!

This post is a bit more delayed than I would've liked, but I have been SUPER exhausted lately. My day goes something like this - wake around 6AM, get Conor and Caden and myself dressed and ready for the day, then all grab something to eat (extra important for Mama these days), get them in the car, they go to school and I go to work. I pick them up from daycare, prep them some dinner, feed them, feed myself, play a little bit, then it's time for baths and bedtime. Then I pick up their toys and tidy up. Needless to say, I have been going nonstop lately and during your first trimester, fatigue tends to be an issue. Therefore, I have been pretty much going to bed right after them lately because the day is crazy. During my first pregnancy, and thankfully because it was a twin pregnancy, I could lay down and rest anytime I wanted. I had a pretty relaxed schedule and I took full advantage.

Anyway, due to my being tired lately, I haven't been able to post about our amazing Christmas! It all went by so quickly, but it sure was fun...and happily, the boys remained healthy throughout the holidays. It was a Christmas miracle! :)

I'm not sure if you guys remember but it was 70 DEGREES on Christmas Eve. So this is what we did....we played outside and enjoyed some fresh air on the night before Santa came to our house.



I ended up taking a bit of a spill down my front (interior) stairs on my way to pick up the boys from school. I was nervous because of the pregnancy, but things appear to be OK. Once I rested up and felt a little better, my parents came over for our annual, low key Christmas Eve festivities. Usually my mom hosts, but I had my parents over my place for some presents and a roasted lamb dinner. I'll have to post about our veggie side dish another time, but boy was everything delicious. My mom got the boys some wellies!! Look how cute they are?! They love to stomp in puddles, so these will be perfect this winter.


The boys did a good job playing Santa and handing out presents. ;)



We woke Christmas morning and opened our presents! They didnt really understand the concept yet, but they sure enjoyed getting tons of new toys. The love their trucks, police cars, ambulances, and stack-able blocks.


We also got a Daniel Tiger book from my cousin Jen and they LOVE it! I read it at least twice every day. And we sing the songs like the show - they think it's great.


That's all for now. I will try and stay a bit more updated now that I am in my second trimester. Here's to having some more energy!!!

xo,
Shaz

PS Check out their video that's now uploaded on YouTube!!! Hahahaha....



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is What Miscarriage Looks Like…

Cals Feb Vacation journal

Read Across America Week!