Lettuce Wraps and Naps!

I've been meaning to find a good lettuce wrap recipe for quite some time -- I usually order them when I'm out at a restaurant and LOVE them. For some reason, I never think of making them at home, and I don't often have Boston lettuce. But this weekend, I stumbled upon a Healthy Turkey Lettuce Wrap Recipe by Eat Yourself Skinny and tweaked it a bit to make it my own. Chrissy and Lindsey came over and they loved them! They are staying with me and C and C a few nights while Jimbo takes the bar this week. The inspiration for this post is "lettuce wraps, two ways!".

Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps

Ingredients:


1 1/4 lb. Fat-free lean ground turkey

1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Clove garlic, minced
1/4 Red onion, diced3 Tbsp lower-sodium soy sauce (green top)
1 Tbsp rice vinegar
1 Tbsp sesame oil
Dash of crushed red pepper
12 Boston lettuce leaves
1 Pckg udon noodles
5 Baby carrots (shredded) 
Veggies of your choice (topping)
Salt & Pepper to taste

Instructions:


1. Heat 1 tablespoon of  olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground turkey, garlic and diced red onion to the pan and cook for about 10 minutes or until turkey is browned. Stir to crumble.


2. Add the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper over the turkey mixture and simmer on low. I personally prefer to add and mix together in the saute pan while the turkey continues to cook. But if you prefer to make the sauce on the side and then toss to coat the turkey - that is your choice! I shredded up a couple of the tiny pieces of lettuce and threw on top for a garnish.


3. Boil water for udon noodles. Cook 11-13 minutes.
 
4. Add about 1/4 cup turkey mixture to each lettuce leaf, top with veggies (I sauteed zucchini separately) and shredded baby carrots and noodles if you prefer. Serve and enjoy!

As you can see, my sister opted to make a lettuce wrap "salad" with all the ingredients. And Linds decided to go for the traditional lettuce wrap. Have fun with it! This is a good meal for the whole family to enjoy. :)


Speaking of the whole fam, Conor and Caden have been loving some new veggies of their own. Here they are indulging on some cucumbers!




I also wanted to share a few ADORABLE photos of the boys during and after their naps over the weekend. I couldn't get enough of them.



I'm the luckiest........

xo,
Shaz


PS Take a look at this awesome post about healthy breakfasts on the go. I thought this would be great for my fellow Mamas -- especially Abby, congratulations on your brand new baby boy! These breakfasts may come in handy over the next few months. CONGRATS!!
http://fitnessista.com/2015/03/20-healthy-on-the-go-breakfasts/?m

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cals Feb Vacation journal

This is What Miscarriage Looks Like…

Cadens Feb Vacation journal