2-Year Molars and 3-Ingredient Cookies!

Conor and Caden are going through the beginning stages of their two year molars or something.

This week was tough - they were a little fussier than usual, especially Conor. Due to Caden's IUGR, sometimes Conor goes through growths or milestones first. However, Caden crawled and walked first. So go figure?? They are different people, so I guess they can do their own things.

One of the main giveaways that made me feel the boys could be identical was the way their teeth grew in. Within 24 hours of each other, they would each have the same new tooth - in the same spot. It was kind of unreal. So you would think if Conor is going through the beginning of the 2 year molars, you would think Caden would be going through it too. Right? Soooo I don't really know what's going on. I will say, Caden tends to have a bit of a higher pain tolerance than Con, so maybe that's the reason for Cay being a bit more tolerant of the molars. I have NO idea. Everything related to parenting is a guessing game. And you don't really know what's happening until after they have outgrown the phase, or after the sickness has gone away.

But anyway, the boys have wanted to be held a little more than usual (especially Con) and I'm not complaining about it. I feel a ton of kicks from Baby C when I hold the boys - it's almost as if Baby C is anxious to meet his/her brothers! ;)


The boys were also a bit fussier than usual when it came to food this week -- which makes me think tooth pain. Conor is usually the BEST eater, and Caden is pretty good too. They especially love pizza, pasta, carrots, cheese, yogurt, soup, and any kind of fruit. But this past week they haven't been into their pasta. Sure, they could be sick of it, or they could be in pain from chewing. So two pouches each for dinner this week!


And lots of snuggles together - which makes my heart happy.


Cay watching Mister Rogers.

And Con watching Mister Rogers (thank goodness for that thumb!).


Art projects at school. Check out Caden's crazy hair lol.


And now for my favorite three ingredient cookies!!! They are SUPER simple to make. In fact, they are perfect for kids -- mainly for their patience, but also for their palates. :)

Ingredients: All you need is 2-3 ripe bananas, rolled oats, and chocolate chips! You can also add some optional ingredients like peanut butter, cinnamon, dried fruits, or nuts.

I used the three ingredients above -- it's most important to get a good consistency rather than be specific about measurements. And I also included a dash of cinnamon, a tiny bit of vanilla extract, a tbsp of peanut butter, and sliced almonds. 

Directions: I mashed the bananas up first, then added my rolled oats (probably 1.5 cups) and then added the vanilla extract, peanut butter, almonds, and cinnamon. I mixed everything together and added my chocolate chips last. I went a bit heavy on the choc chips. I put aluminum foil down with a bit of coconut oil so they wouldn't stick. I then made little mounds and baked at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. It's best to eat them when they're HOT....with a cup of [decaf] coffee!


They don't look like anything special, but they are GOOD! And since they have minimal sugar - they are great for kids. Conor and Caden each had one when they came out of the oven...after they cooled a bit. They loved them!



Enjoy your weekend! Make the cookies if you can!

xo,
Shaz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cals Feb Vacation journal

This is What Miscarriage Looks Like…

Cadens Feb Vacation journal