A Week of Helpers and Pie...

Two great things - helpers and pie. Am I right?!

Daycare is closed this week for vacation, so Jim and I have had to recruit some help to watch the boys during the week while we work. I had Monday off, so that worked out. Jim's sister Theresa watched them Tuesday and both my parents watched them yesterday since my dad was home recovering from his trip to Vegas. They said the boys were awesome and they all had a great day.

We hired the daycare assistant Angela to come watch the boys today, but she wasn't able to come until a little later this morning. I may have to take tomorrow off from work to watch them too, but we'll see. I have a lot of prepping to do for meetings and presentations next week, but I can do that from home.



Last night, Chrissy, Lindsey, Shayla, and I got facials and it was SO very much needed. We are prepping for the big wedding in 9 days - and also trying to recoup from my busy and stressful solo weekend last weekend. I think I am STILL recovering from Monday.

Actually, in all seriousness, I have to say "thank you" to my readers/followers because many of you reached to me either by facebook or text and said you had rough days on Monday too!! Somehow, it helps knowing you aren't the only one drowning in your day. So thank you. I appreciated that.

Last night, before the facials, I made a favorite spring pie -- strawberry rhubarb. It's really another year, another strawberry rhubarb pie! Here's my recipe from the month before the boys were born in 2014. It's perfect for this time of year (and pairs well with vanilla ice cream). ;)

Ingredients:
  • 3 1/2 cups rinsed and diced rhubarb (1/2 - 1/4 in thick)
  • 3 1/2 cups strawberries, halved 
  • 1/2 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup cornstarch
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 2 Pie crusts
  • Butter (optional, for top)
Mix everything together in a bowl and pour it into a pie crust (I use premade) and use the second pie crust for the top. I preheat the oven to 400, and cook the pie for 20 minutes. I then reduce to 350 and cook another hour or so. It's also important to let the pie sit for the consistency to thicken. You don't want a juicy/runny pie. It should be more jellied.







My coffee and breakfast of champions this morning. Hey - nothing but the best for Baby C.


Although Caden looks apprehensive, both Caden and Conor LOVED it! They kept saying "more"!!



Have a great day everyone...almost the end of the week!

xo,
Shaz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cals Feb Vacation journal

This is What Miscarriage Looks Like…

Cadens Feb Vacation journal