Pre-Memorial Day Weekend Lessons

As you all know, this week has been GORGEOUS. That means, we have been spending a ton of time outside. The other night, I went to Horn Pond in Woburn with Shayla and Lauren. Shay is currently pregnant, about 6 weeks behind me and Lauren has two kiddos too! Her son Cal is a little older than the boys and her almost 2 month old daughter Aubrynn is adorable (and looks just like her daddy!). We had quite the crew and dominated the pond. Great night for it!

Since I had such a great time, I decided to go back the next night and bring Jimbo with me and the boys. They didn't even make it half way around and started throwing some serious fits. It was a bit chillier than the previous night and honestly, they didn't like being stuck in the stroller. Fine, I get it. So we took them out and they ran around a bit. They LOVED these American flags. I told them about the flags, the flowers, and that Memorial Day is coming up. Granted, they probably didn't understand any of it, but I felt it necessary to seize the teaching moment.



The boys loved the flags so much, so my mom and I stopped at Stop and Shop and grabbed these for the boys to hold. I am so grateful they didn't poke their eyes out with them - but seriously the happiness and giggles from the backseat were awesome. They absolutely loved having their own flag.



Then we took advantage of the 80+ degree day and played outside in the backyard. My Dad came over and he played with them a lot. They have so much fun with him.



On Thursday, Linds and I went for a walk during our lunch hour through the Boston Common.

 

They put out 37,000 flags to honor Massachusetts military heroes during Memorial Day. It was really surreal seeing all those flags in one spot. It reminded me a lot of Pepperdine - when they put out the Annual Waves of Flags around 9/11 to represent the lives lost that day.


 



The other day was Jim's first day at his new job, so I flew solo on baths and bedtime. While I did bedtime, I cooked some veggies and chicken on the grill.





When Jim came home, we had dinner outside and he told me all about his first day! Then I called my Dad to see if he could come over and be at the house while the boys were sleeping, so Jim and I could go get a celebratory ice cream. He of course did, and watched the Red Sox game. It was nice for Jim and I to be able to get out for an hour.

I hope you all have a wonderful, safe, and enjoyable Memorial Day weekend. Please take some time to practice what the weekend is all about - not just indulge on beers and bbq.

xo,
Shaz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is What Miscarriage Looks Like…

Cals Feb Vacation journal

Read Across America Week!