Enjoying Cal, and All Three Boys!

When we lived in DC, I remember having the twins in their double stroller, two car seats in and out of the house, and basically struggling to do simple errands like grocery shopping and trips to the doctor. I also remember driving around and seeing moms carry their baby on their hip to run into the bank - or into Starbucks. I am not going to lie, a small part of me was jealous that they had one baby and could do things easily. I know, I am SO unbelievably lucky to have two healthy boys - but I was jealous. I will be honest.

Now fast forward two years and I have Cal. The boys have spent the last three weeks at daycare and I feel like a Mom of a singleton baby. Don't get me wrong, there isn't ONE MINUTE that I don't think about Conor and Caden. Like the other day, I went to visit a friend of mine and we walked to Davis Square. The whole walk there, I constantly thought about them and how the boys would've loved the walk, loved being outside, loved the playgrounds we walked by, and loved getting lunch and ice cream. I sort of felt like I was cheating on them. It's hard to explain, but as much as I am enjoying Cal - it is almost hard to enjoy him because I miss Conor and Caden so much.

For example, Jim and I met up for lunch today in the Seaport and enjoyed some time with Cal! We used to bring Conor and Caden out for lunches and dinner in Old Town Alexandria when we lived there. Today reminded me a lot of that. We looked out at the Hyatt (where we got married) the whole time and it was really enjoyable. Cal slept the whole time and we enjoyed a peaceful and delicious meal. It was tough not having C and C there - especially when a few women came up to me and swooned over Cal. They said "newborns are life changing!" and/or "babies have so much equipment, isnt it crazy?!" I responded with "I have two year old twins, he's my third...and having one is easy!" :)


And here are a few pics from our day visiting Meg and her new baby Millie who is 10 days younger than Cal. Cal and Millie had a fun day together!



Cal has his own single stroller! I LOVE using this thing. It is super light, easy to use, and simple to fold up and put in my car. It is way easier than the double stroller. I love it.


Other photos of life with Cal...






And more pictures of life with three unbelievably amazing boys! Here is a pic of all three boys after our first successful (solo) pickup from daycare. GO MAMA!


And a very very peaceful evening...



Have a great weekend everyone! Jim and I are going to hang out with the boys and make some margaritas tonight....sounds like a great night for them! 

xo,
Shaz

PS Flashback photo of when we used to take the boys to Old Town to have dinner!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cals Feb Vacation journal

This is What Miscarriage Looks Like…

Cadens Feb Vacation journal