Wonderful Weekend Weather - And Kiddo Updates!!

We had some fantastic weather this weekend and the boys played outside pretty much the entire time. It was great. They loved playing on the scooters, blowing bubbles with their BRAND NEW "bubble guns", and just running around with the kids next door. We had a little BBQ and made a few healthy dips, and enjoyed being home/playing outside throughout the weekend. It was one of my favorite weekends. The kids were healthy, they all slept great, ate great, and played great.


We started out by making some banana chocolate chip pancakes for dinner Friday night, which we then of course had on Saturday morning, as well. They loved watching them cook in the pan and make little bubbles as they were ready to flip.


Then we all lounged around, watched TV, enjoyed some coffee and headed outside to play when the kids started to get restless.



Cal's absolute favorite activity these days is throwing the balls around the house and yard, and pretty much playing fetch with himself. He loves throwing them/rolling them and then retrieving them. It keeps him pretty busy and super active.



Conor and Caden are loving the swings and they love to twirl around on the swingset, as well as swing sideways. We are working on the pumping thing, that way we won't have to constantly puosh them.


Conor -

Lately, Conor has been more thoughtful than ever. I've always said he is the most thoughtful child - super sweet and loving. But lately, he has "matured" his thoughtful ways. Well, I will admit that Conor has been a little emotional lately. I'm not sure if he's going through some sort of developmental thing, or if he doesn't feel great, but he has been a little challenging. I feel for him - because I know something is up. But at the end of the day, Conor is still Conor and he is SUPER sweet and thoughtful. He always asks where Caden and Cal are - even  if they aren't around. And he is extremely helpful with Cal. When I am running errands with them, Conor makes sure Cal is safe. He tries to hold his hand or prevent Cal from running around or running into the parking lot. I really appreciate it, because it isn't easy running errands with three little boys! Conor is a fantastic listener and will emphasize to the "crew" when Mommy says it's time to eat, or time to go in Mommy's car, or time to get dressed for school. Thanks, bud!


Caden -

Caden has been the best behaved boy these last few weeks. The twins usually flip flop, as they tend to alternate going through more "challenging" phases (thanks for spacing it out guys, I appreciate it!). But at the same time, it also feels like a constant challenge, because if one is a little extra emotional on week/month, then they take turns and the other is having a difficult time, it often feels never-ending. Watch out newer twin Mamas - this is the most challenging part of having twins I think! You feel exhausted trying to give some 'extra help' or extra attention and love to the one who is going through the hard time. I don't know if that makes sense, but it's been this way since they were infants. They would have growth spurts a week or two apart, or they would say new words a week or month apart, or they would alternate weeks with some gross motor milestone.  But anyway, Caden has been absolutely amazing. Maybe it's because he is getting more individual attention at school or maybe he went through his more challenging month a few months ago? I love how sweet he is right now. If he bumps into me, he will kiss my arm/leg/hand and ask if I'm ok. It's so sweet. He has also been a super listener lately. I am beyond proud of him.


Cal - GUESS WHAT?? Cal is peeing and pooping on the potty. What 21 month old boy does that?! One day, I randomly sat him on the [adult] potty and he peed. I thought it was a fluke. I did it again later in the day and he peed again! He did it the next day, and the next day, and the next day. Then he started pooping when I sat him there. I took him to work last Thursday for "Take Your Kids to Work Day" and he went to the bathroom there! And he's been doing it every day since. I am seriously amazed and it's adorable. He wants to be just like his big bros.

Jim was insulating the basement this weekend, so I tried to keep the kiddos out of the house during that time - so we spent some time at my parents house. They have a swingset and a really nice neighborhood to walk around. Our street is more of a short cul-de-sac, so not a ton of area to walk, but my mom and Dad have two big neighborhoods to walk around, so it's nice!




Since Toys R Us is going out of business, I bought a few cheap bubble guns there a few weeks ago. I busted them out on Saturday since it was 70 degrees and beautiful. They loved them - and used them pretty much all weekend.


On Saturday afternoon, my mom and I went to Calareso's Farm Stand in Reading. It's right off Rt 128 in Reading. If you join their email club, you get some great deals. For example, they had grapes for $.99 and asparagus for $1.19. I also bought some other produce, some milk, and bread. It was great because it held us over for the weekend and I didn't have to go grocery shopping! I also just placed a Peapod delivery order for tomorrow while Cal napped today (Sunday), so that was awesome.


Conor and Caden ran next door to show the neighbors their bubble machines.


Great Great Aunt Frances sent the boys an early birthday card and Finding Nemo stickers!!! How cool is she?! First bday celebrations....let's get ready, we'll be celebrating all week. I can't believe they will be FOUR a week from today!


Saturday night, we were able to eat outside - only the best thing ever, right?! I need to get a third chair for the kids this summer!!!


Then today, Sunday, we all woke up and just vegged out. It was nice and relaxing. Jim and I were able to chat about the basement a bit, a few ideas we want to do with regards to flooring, paint colors, and furniture pieces for the bathroom down there. We're making some headway.



Later that morning, my mom and I took the boys shopping for [more bubbles at the Dollar Store haha], as well as a pit-stop to McD's to enjoy some "fruit" parfaits! They were super sweet and delicious, definitely a treat!!


Now this is my view as I type my blog and go over my weekend in my head. It's so nice that everyone is talking more and more. Conor and Caden's speech has been improving since separating their classrooms. I think they're listening/talking to other kids more which is enhancing their speech, as well as their vocabulary. And Cal Pal is really picking up so language lately. He is singing SO much, saying a ton of words, and really getting his point across. He even says "bless you" if you say it to him when he sneezes, which is adorable. He says "SHAZ!" if/when Daddy says it, and he counts/sings his ABCs constantly. I've started making him say "more" and "up" and "please" almost every time he asks for things lately.



I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend - enjoy the last few hours - Monday will be here before we know it!

Til next time...

xo,
Shaz

P.S. Happy 39th Anniversary to my in-laws, Tom and Irene!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!   I couldnt find a quick photo of Tom and Irene, but I saw this of Irene, T, and Jim - hahaha.



P.P.S A few days before the twins were born and a few weeks after the twins were born! Maybe 6 weeks??  Abby - this one's for you! ;)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cals Feb Vacation journal

This is What Miscarriage Looks Like…

Cadens Feb Vacation journal