These are a Few of My Favorite Things!

The timing of this blog is really funny. I was saying in my last post that I wanted to compile a list of my favorite things - like favorite playground, favorite restaurant, favorite activity to do with the kids, etc.


As I was writing out my list, I thought I would add  my favorite coffee place: Boston King Coffee in Woburn Four Corners. Then I remember I had blogged about it before - I looked for the post and it's from October 2 years ago. Then I wanted to write about my favorite playground (Spaulding rehab playground in Charlestown) and I blogged about THAT two years ago in a separate post! So there must be something about me and fall and favorites and lists.

Here's an update to the post from October 2016.

Favorite Restaurant - Bocelli's

If you know anything about me, you know I like simple things - and when I like something, I LOVE something...like, I'm all in. My friend Keryn introduced me to Bocelli's in Medford probably something like 10 years ago. I frequented the Italian restaurant periodically when I was home visiting from LA. Then Jimbo and I decided to have our rehearsal dinner there. It's very consistent.. I always have a good meal, they have decent service, and plenty of wine. It's nothing fancy (in fact, it's kind of a hole in the wall) but I love it.

Favorite Coffee Shop - Boston King Coffee

All my local friends absolutely love BKC. And I actually know of two frequent customers who come all the way from Brooklyn, NY to grab an iced coffee there. The coffee beans are from Italy. The beverages are strong, fresh, and delicious. Peter, the barista there, makes it a point to know everyone's names, their coffee orders, and even some fun facts about them. BKC has the most amazing sandwiches, bagels, muffins, fruit cups, and parfaits. Something I tried there recently was a veggie bagel - it had cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion and cream cheese - I was obsessed. Here's their yelp page.

Favorite Walk/Fishing Spot - Horn Pond

The not-so-hidden gem of Woburn (slash Woburn's only claim to fame) is Horn Pond. I've been going here since I was a little girl - both with my parents and also with the Girl Scouts. I also went throughout college, and my sister bought her first condo right next to it. We've also been going here with the boys since they were born and we just started going there to go fishing. I love Horn Pond. It's a great little place for families, a solo walk, or for couples.




Favorite Skin Care Product - Image Skin Care Line

For those that don't know - my mom works at Novo Sano in Woburn. They specialize in skin case and laser hair removal. My mom also does electrology and I am one of her longest clients. I've been visiting her at work for treatments since I was like 14. Anyway, they have the best skin care products that I swear by. Recently, I've been using the Image Anti Aging Serum and I seriously love it. I usually love all of the Image products, but I'm loving the anti-aging serum. Check it out here.

Favorite Playground - Spaulding

We went to the playground at Spaulding in Charlestown. on Sunday.  Like I said, I  ironically blogged about it two years ago when Cal was just a teeny thing. If you click here, you can read about it and see pics when the kids were younger. Ironically enough, Cal wore the same plaid pants the twins were wearing to bed last night!!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cals Feb Vacation journal

This is What Miscarriage Looks Like…

Cadens Feb Vacation journal