Current Favorites and Current Events!

In my last post I talked about wanting to write another "current favs" lists or a post similar to this one I wrote in 2013. It's funny because in 2013, I wrote "Go Sox" because they were in the World Series then! It must be something about this time of year...woooo!

With that reminder, I wanted to keep you all posted on what I am into these days.

1. What I'm Watching:  House of Cards, A Million Little Things (thanks Mack) and ALL the Pats games. We just hosted a few friends over yesterday because they finally had an afternoon game...







2. What I'm Listening To:  I just finished a podcast called "Missing Alissa" by Ottavia Zappala.I am also listening to the Conspiracy Theories podcast, which is nice because it's a bunch of different stories and you don't really need to keep up with it. Also, Chrissy suggested "A Killing on the Cape" and it was really good. Other blogs/podcasts of interest that are on my "to listen" list are here.





3. What I'm Eating:  As much as I try to keep my protein intake up, I fall off pretty often. Therefore, I have been making every effort with "clean eating" and making dishes with lean proteins and veggies. I do indulge in lots of pasta dishes, but l am lately limiting it. I also started doing some "intermittent fasting" suggested by a coworker at work. I am drinking black coffee and crave sugar a lot less now. A great "clean eating" weekend dish is Shakshuka. It's perfect for this time of year. It is weight watchers friendly if you omit the bread. I LOVE it! And you can make it different levels of spicy for your crowd. I am also digging raw ahi tacos - they are awesome. I blogged about it over the summer .




4. Current Events:  My alma mater, Pepperdine University, has been going through such tragedy and turmoil these last few weeks. First, there was a shooting at a bar in Thousand Oaks where a Pepperdine student was shot and killed. That was preventable. And it was tragic.  I was also notified via email that there has been a shelter in place at Pepperdine due to the wildfires in the area. A few days ago, my friend Nicole (who also went there, a few years before me) said that the fires were 0% contained. I think it is up to 15-20% now. However, it is nowhere near safe. People are losing their lives and losing their homes. If you can or want to donate, you can do so here: https://www.facebook.com/donate/2138691656447958/10100272002152875/ . *Photos below are from instagram.





5. Past favorite blog posts:  While searching for pics/posts about Pepperdine, I found this post from 2015. It made me super happy and reminded me what I love most about my blog. I love the positivity, I love the memories, and I love to be reminded of how I felt and where I was in my life at different stages. It's funny for me to read "we are so happy with these two little boys" because now we have THREE! I cannot even for a second think of life without Cal, but reading that post reminded me of what life was like back then. I know it wasn't a long time ago, but I loved reliving it.

2003:


2018:
* Photo cred Kristin Zukowski 

Time is just flying by!  All for now!

xo,
Shaz

PS Flashback photo from 2015. I see ZZ! :)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is What Miscarriage Looks Like…

Cals Feb Vacation journal

Read Across America Week!