Homemade Valentine Funfetti Cupcakes!

Here is a fun treat just in time for Valentine's Day!!  Cal slept at my mom and dad's last night - so I had an enjoyable morning baking with Conor and Caden. Conor had been asking me to make hearts with him, so I came up with the idea to bake homemade cupcakes and decorate them all with big red hearts. His eyes lit up - he was SO excited! I found this recipe online here.


CUPCAKES
First Step (bowl 1):
1⁄2 cup Carnation Evaporated Milk 2 tablespoons vinegar

Second Step (bowl 2):1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature1 cup sugar2 eggs1 teaspoon vanilla




Third Step (bowl 3):1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour1 teaspoon baking powder1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda




VANILLA ICING
Fourth Step (bowl 4):
1⁄4 cup butter, room temperature1⁄4 cup cream cheese, room temperature3 cups icing sugar2 -3 tablespoons Carnation Evaporated Milk1 teaspoon vanilla   


Last night, since Cal was at my mom and dad's Conor and Caden LOVED the individual time and one-on-one with me and Jim. Here's a candid Jim took last night when they were telling me all sorts of stories.



We woke up and decided on cupcakes for breakfast! Caden and Conor lined the muffin pan which was a huge help.


We got all our ingredients out and started mixing away. They each took a turn with the mixer and they did a great job.



I asked if anyone wanted to try cracking the egg and Conor accepted the challenge!


Look at his face! Hahahaha. I posted the video to YouTube - here is the clip. It makes me laugh so hard.



This was an odd ingredient -- in my first bowl, I mixed evaporated milk and vinegar. I let that sit while I made the wet and dry ingredients, and eventually poured it in. I also added some of the evaporated milk to the frosting mixture.



Grammy came over with Cal and jumped in to help with the frosting!



And in other news, here's a recap of our weekend. We had fun at bedtime, all the boys were dressed alike, and we even had some fun playing soccer at the boys elementary school. 






We forgot Cal's jacket, so I gave him mine. He reminds me of boo from Monsters Inc. Lol









How lucky am I????


All for now! Enjoy the rest of the weekend...
xo,
Shaz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cals Feb Vacation journal

This is What Miscarriage Looks Like…

Cadens Feb Vacation journal