Chicken Piccata Dinner in Florida!

Greetings from COCOA BEACH!! We landed in FL on Saturday and we are enjoying our vacation very much.





We have a three bedroom, two bedroom place a block from the beach - with a view of the ocean. We can hear the waves and enjoy the view from the deck out front. It is VERY relaxing. There's also a heated pool that the boys have been obsessed with - we are having fun!





I can't believe how well the boys are doing here. They feel right at home - especially having lots of space, several bedrooms, and a big open kitchen similar to our house.





On Sunday night, I made chicken piccata. It is a combo of lemon chicken with capers and pasta. It was delicious! I prepped the chicken, tenderized it and sliced it up a bit to make smaller pieces.




 
I then dredged the chicken in egg wash and flour, salt and pepper. I sizzled each side in EVOO and flipped after 8-10 minutes. Then another 8 minutes on the other side.




I added a ton of lemon zest and lemon juice. I also added a good amount of champagne to the pan (I didn't have any white wine) and reduced it a bit. Lastly, I added some capers.



I parboiled some pasta (rigatoni) and when it was almost done, I then tossed it in the sauce in the pan.  Prior to that, I took the chicken out so it wouldn't get soggy.  I let the pasta sit in the sauce for about 10 min prior to serving.





We just got back from a day at Disneyworld yesterday. I will hopefully write about that while we are down here. It was AMAZING!!!  Here is a tiny preview - more to come!



All for now! Enjoy your day!!
xo,
Shaz



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cals Feb Vacation journal

This is What Miscarriage Looks Like…

Cadens Feb Vacation journal